Streamlining Global Payment Integration: Exploring the dLocal Go Product Ruby Gem
Before we dive into the specifics of Dlocal Go, it's important to understand its roots. Dlocal is a global payment platform that specializes in emerging markets. It's a powerful solution that bridges the gap between global merchants and burgeoning markets. Dlocal offers a broad range of solutions to facilitate business transactions, from payment gateways to cross-border payments, currency conversion, and collection and remittance solutions.
Now, building on their success, the team behind Dlocal has launched Dlocal Go. Designed for smaller businesses that don't require the full suite of features offered by Dlocal or may not meet all the necessary requirements for Dlocal, Dlocal Go aims to make the process of digital payments even more accessible.
Dlocal Go retains the best aspects of its parent platform while streamlining features to suit smaller businesses. It allows businesses to accept local payments, including credit and debit cards, cash payments, and bank transfers, in local currency. It also handles cross-border transactions, currency conversion, and provides solutions for collection and remittance, making it an efficient, all-in-one solution for businesses looking to expand their reach in emerging markets.
This platform offers a variety of solutions to facilitate commercial transactions. These include:
- Payment Gateway: Allows businesses to accept local payments, including credit and debit cards, cash payments, and bank transfers, in local currency.
- Cross-Border Payments: Facilitates financial transactions between different countries, helping businesses overcome the obstacles often presented in international payments.
- Currency Conversion: dLocal Go manages currency conversion, allowing businesses to receive payments in their own currency, regardless of the currency in which the customer paid.
- Collection and Remittance Solutions: Allows businesses to pay contractors and suppliers in their local currency, simplifying the collection and remittance process.
In summary, dLocal Go takes care of all the logistics of payments, from acceptance to currency conversion and remittance, allowing businesses to focus on their core business. In addition, by enabling them to accept payments in the customer's local currency and helps businesses reach a broader customer base.
The dLocal Go API and Rails
In the fintech world, dLocal Go has established itself as an essential global payment platform, especially for those looking to penetrate emerging markets. However, integrating its api with a Rails application can present several challenges.
Error and Exception Handling
APIs can fail for various reasons. Network problems, server errors, and invalid request data are just some of the issues that can arise. Proper handling of these errors is crucial to maintaining the stability and usability of the application.
Authentication and Security
Security is always a challenge when working with APIs. The dLocal Go API requires authentication using https, through Bearer auth or Basic Auth.
Testing is an essential component of any software development, and integration testing is no exception.
Maintenance and Updates
APIs change and evolve over time, so it's always necessary to keep up with these updates to maintain functional integration.
Introducing the Dlocal_go Gem
The Dlocal_go gem, developed in-house at MetaLabs, is a powerful and easy-to-use tool designed to simplify the integration of Rails applications with the dLocal Go API. This gem provides a set of intuitive functions and methods to interact with the endpoints of the API, eliminating the need to write custom code to perform these operations.
By using this gem, developers can focus on building the business logic of their application, while the gem takes care of the complexities of interacting with the API.
Among the features offered by the gem are:
- Unified Interface: This gem offers a unified interface to interact with the different endpoints of the dLocal Go API, making it easier to use and reducing the learning curve for developers.
- Error Handling: The Dlocal_go gem automatically handles various types of errors that can arise when interacting with the dLocal API, helping to avoid disruptions in the application and improve the user experience.
- Automatic Data Conversion: The gem automatically converts data between the formats required by the Rails application and the API, saving time and reducing the possibility of errors.
- Support for all dLocal Go Features: Our gem provides support for all the features offered by dLocal Go, including payments, currency conversion, refunds.
In summary, Dlocal_go is an essential gem for any Rails developer wanting to integrate their application with dLocal Go in an efficient and seamless manner. By using it, developers can accelerate their application development, improve its robustness, and expand its reach to emerging markets.
Installation and Configuration of the Dlocal_go Gem
Add dlocal_go in your Gemfile
If bundler is not being used to manage dependencies, install the gem by executing:
Configure DlocalGo in a initializer
- Create Payment
- Get Payment
- Create Refund
To summarize, our Dlocal_go gem is a potent tool for streamlining the integration of this global payment platform into your Rails applications. It encapsulates the logic of the associated API and provides a native Rails interface, allowing for a more efficient and simple interaction.
Dlocal_go oversees the technical details of communicating with the API, freeing you to focus on your application's specific needs. Whether it's processing payments, managing accounts, or checking transaction statuses, this gem provides easy-to-use methods that seamlessly fit into your Rails code.
With this gem, API authentication and error handling are no longer your concerns; the gem handles these critical aspects, aiding in the development of a more robust and secure application.
By easing the integration process, Dlocal_go paves the way for a simpler and more efficient access to emerging markets.
As DLocal Go continues to expand its services and features, our gem is committed to staying current with these updates, ensuring developers have the latest and most effective tools for payment processing at their disposal.
Are you ready to simplify the integration of DLocal into your Rails application?
Try our Dlocal_go gem. You can find it on GitHub at
If you have any questions or need help, don't hesitate to contact us.
If you're already using Dlocal_go, we'd love to hear about your experience and how it has improved the integration of DLocal Go into your Rails application. And if you encounter any problems or have any suggestions, please let us know.
Send us a message and we will contact you shortly -